Monday, July 23, 2012

I Refuse to Title This Post.

For those of you who've followed me for a while, you've heard me rant about how much I hate Titling my work. But I have new followers and this is my blog, so I'm doing it again.

I can write a novel. But I can't come up with a title. WHY? Why is it so hard to come up with a one or two word phrase to encompass the entirety of a book? Okay, I know very few titles actually accomplish that, but they do accomplish intriguing a potential reader, giving hints about what is hidden between the covers of the book, or at least sounding cool. Gah! I've got nothing. Fortunately, I only seem to have this problem with novels. Short stories, I can name. But novels, I had less trouble naming my child. Sad, but true. I'll quit ranting now and go back to flipping through the thesaurus.

* On a side note, I did survive VBS. Thanks to all who were concerned.  

3 comments:

  1. So glad you survived VBS, even though that means I didn't get any cookies. :(

    As far as the title, quit stressing and it will come to you and most important throw the thesaurus away. :)

    ReplyDelete