Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: Endlessly (Paranormalacy #3) Kiersten White

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal. Goodreads


I'm not going to lie. I read this one a lot slower than necessary because  Endlessly is, well, the end. And when I read the last page there was a tear in my eye, not because it was sad (well, maybe a little) but because it is really over. Okay, on to the review.

Kiersten White is amazing. Se is my hero. I want to write just like her when I grow up. I am a (obviously) a huge fan of the Paranormalcy series. I love that Evie is a little pouty and selfish, obsessed with pink and her boyfriend, and, an actual teenage girl. So many times I read YA stuff that feels way too adult, in both characters and situations. Mrs. White has proven that you can write a lighthearted, clean, real teen book, and have it shoot to the top of the best seller's list. 

Endlessly tied everything together very nicely, with lots of action, kissing, and Tasey. I loved that most of the characters from the first two books made an appearance, and that the ending, in a way, was just a new beginning. Now, I've always been creepily attracted to Reth, so the way he was portrayed in this book made me happy.I really want so say more, but without spoilers, I can't.

As far as weak points, there really weren't many. It was a little frustrating that Evie spent a lot of time ranting about being manipulated, yet it kept happening right up till the last page. But, alas, that is the nature of the fey.

Bottom line: Read. This. Book. But do it slowly, to savor the end.

Rating 5/5 stars

YA notes: None

No comments:

Post a Comment