Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book Review: Pure, (Covenant #2) Jennifer Armentrout

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone. Goodreads


First off, I’d love to smack some sense into Alex, but I’m afraid she’d just kick my butt. Jennifer has produced an awesome second book in the Covenant trilogy. The action is non-stop, the plot is fantastic, and the ending made me VERY sad that the third book, Deity, isn’t out until October. *sighs*
Aiden seemed a bit more realistic (read: dumb guy) in this one, making me love him a little less, but only a little.  Seth, on the other hand…. I just don’t get it. Yes, his features look chiseled out of marble, and he was there (and surprisingly sensitive) for Alex at a few key points when Aiden was not. But in the end he’s an unapologetic man-whore. Sorry, but he is. So, not that we know where I stand on the Aiden vs. Seth issue, moving on.
I love that there is obviously something bigger going on, but going into book three, I still don’t know what it is. The surprises just keep coming, which is awesome. Without spoiling the book, there isn’t a whole lot I can say about the plot. But I giggled, I cried (on the inside) and I read it really fast because there just isn’t a good spot to put this book down. I do feel that the sexual tensions were a little over the top for YA, but other than that, I have no complaints!

4/5 stars

YA notes: strong language, suggestive/sexual content.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment